During the month of November tons of people on Facebook listed the things they are thankful for. But I didn’t. Not because I’m not thankful, but because I normally hate cliché things like that. Plus, I have a strong feeling that thankfulness shouldn’t end on Thanksgiving at midnight (when everyone goes out shopping). Rather I think it should carry on through the holiday season. I think Christmas would be better if we focused less on buying stuff, and more on being thankful. With that said, here’s 30 things I’m thankful for.
1. Jesus, God, and our Christian-y stuff.
3. My family, because there’s nothing more fun that getting together to pick on my mom.
4. My Community Group
5. My church
6. Good friends
7. Anyone who has ever read anything I’ve written, it still blows me away that people do this
8. Star Wars
9. Oklahoma State football season
10. Sitting on my back deck with the fire pit going
11. Date nights (with my wife)
12. My awesome collection of books
14. My new leather captain’s chair in my living room
16. The way you can watch the frost melt as the sun comes up
17. Vinyl Records
18. Amazon sending me free stuff to review
19. People who help me fix my cars when they break down
20. Days off with nothing to do
21. MacBook, iPad, iPhone, Kindle and other technologies
22. Making fun of Nickleback and Shawn’s love for them at the same time
23. The days where I can wear long sleeves and shorts
24. All the adoptive parents who have invited Bethany and I to their houses for holidays
25. Physical magazine subscriptions
26. The Office (TV Show)
28. My 3-inch memory foam mattress topper
29. Mumford and Sons, Abandon Kansas, fun., and The Killers.
30. My wife’s enchiladas